Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Views on Religion and God

I was born in a Brahman family, profoundly known for its superiority over other races, castes an what ever one calls. so, since childhood I was listening to the Hindu Mythologies and the basic principles on which the religion was built. As I grew, I came to know the world in its true essence., heard and saw people's suffereings, deaths, poverty and misery etc. When I popped questions regarding these, I was told that its because of their sins in the previous births and what not, along with some supporting stories. Once, read a proverb regarding the Men's greatest virtue, think all of you have come across, i.e., "Forgiveness is the Greatest of all the Virtues," and collecting quotations and proverbs had become a hobby ever since.

Among many of my collections, the one that caught my attention is the above one, and I started thinking of the basic building principles of the Hindu religion and the Almighty. If that was regarded as one of the greatest virtues of Humanity, then why didn't God had it? Was it only the virtue of the Human beings and not the God? If the highly reverred God couldn't forgive those who had committed sins, then why is it regarded a a virtue at all. So, in order to satisfy myself, I started to look for the answers from various books on religion as following the footsteps of a man before you is a good way to start. But, I couldnt find satisfactory answers for my few questions as I had the habbit of not accepting anything so easily, that it is told/written like that and I should accept it, its not my way of understanding things.

So, I started to find the answers from my own reasoning and some of the briefings that I could come across from here and there as making our own footsteps is a better way to end though we started on someone else's footprints. So, here is what I got from my ability to think and find reasons for my own questions, I started to disbelieve in the presence of the God, what dictionaries describe as an Athiest which I am going to write in detail in my short series of blogs on My Views on Religion and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment